9th Annual CADDAC ADHD Conference
Join us to learn about ADHD from world renowned experts! Our 9th Annual ADHD Conference is geared to parents, adults with ADHD, educators, and medical professionals.
When: October 14th & 15th 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Where: Foothills Academy, 745 37 St NW, Calgary, AB T2N 4T1
C.H.A.D.D. Calgary Support Groups
Calgary C.H.A.D.D. continues to have their parent support group and adult support group meetings on the first Wednesday of every month at Alberta’s Children’s Hospital. See map.
- Parent Support Group meets in Conference Room 1
- Adult Support Group meets in Conference Room 8
ADHD Community Meetup
The ADHD Community is holds meetup sessions on Thursdays. Check back for the next session topic.
Time: Next session to be announced.
Place: Evergreen Community Spaces - 102, 1709 8th Avenue NE
Contact Info: People can RSVP via meetup or if they are not members they can email Sue for a spot at email@example.com
Interested in finding out more? Click here.
CanLearn is now offering Coaching for Individuals and Families with ADHD!
Are you ready to take control of your life? ADHD Coaching can help!
Coaching starts with a three-month commitment of 2 to 4 sessions per month. Sessions are individualized according to your needs and can help you move forward in the following areas:
- Learn how ADHD shows up for you
- Develop strategies “just for you” based on your own unique strengths and learning styles
- Challenge your old assumptions and replace them with beliefs that move you forward with confidence
- Work in partnership with your coach to move purposefully toward the goals that matter to you. We work with clients in person, by phone, or by Skype.
No diagnosis is necessary!
Contact CanLearn at 403-686-9300 ext. 102, or book now.
“having ADHD is like having a powerful race car for a brain, but with bicycle brakes”
Dr. Edward (Ned) Hallowell, M.D.
Our coaches are trained by the ADD Coach Academy Accredited Coach Training Program.
Ready, Set, Go!
Some kids have trouble managing their emotions and behavior. We Can Help!
This 4 week self-regulation group is for children and their parents to develop strategies for recognizing, understanding, and managing emotions and to learn:
- How to recognize body sensations and emotions
- Calming strategies
- How to challenge negative thinking
- How to communicate feelings and needs in a respectful way
- How to take charge of behavior
Interested? Visit the CanLearn site for more information on these groups.
ADHD Group for Adults - February 2017
More Than Just Making Lists is a 10 week intervention group for mature students and working professionals with ADHD.
This intensive social cognitive behavioural intervention group focuses on developing practical skills to improve and deal with:
- emotional functioning
Classes are run by registered psychologists with expertise in the area of ADHD. Participants must have an ADHD diagnosis to participate in this program. For more information, you can check the CanLearn website.
Our next class is February 2017. If you are interested in more information or would like to register for this program, contact the CanLearn Society at 403-686-9300 ext. 102 or email us.